12-Year-Old Walks for the 1st Time After Flesh-Eating Bacteria Infection
A 12-year-old girl is taking her first steps unassisted after contracting flesh-eating bacteria. Kylei Parker was on a beach vacation with her family in Florida when she was skateboarding and got a scrape on her toe. Doctors say the flesh-eating bacteria entered through the cut when she later went in the water. Kylei's leg swelled up, leaving her unable to walk, and her temperature reached 104.5 degrees. Her doctor at Indiana University Health commends Kylei and her mom for acting on the infection so fast.