How to Protect Your Stove so Pets Don’t Accidentally Start House Fires

Is a dog still man’s best friend if it sets the house on fire? Video shows a hungry golden retriever jump up on the stove to get some leftover pancakes. As he knocks the plate to the ground he accidentally turns on the burner. Minutes later, flames flare up in the kitchen and thick smoke engulfs the house. The fire alarm screeches, but the culprit and his buddy don't seem to care. They just keep relaxing on the couch until police and firefighters got there.